Term 2 2019.
Register today for the term social and emotional learning workshops for kids. Places are limited and group sizes are small to ensure optimum social and emotional skills development.
The Best of Friends® (BoF) social and emotional learning program gives children the knowledge, skills and confidence to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, show empathy for others, develop and maintain friendships and make good decisions.
The program includes a concise and engaging set of materials to facilitate Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) for children aged 7 to 11 years. Participants receive a exclusive copy the multi-award winning workbook, including stories and a range of activities to complete at home to improve social and emotional learning skills.
Developed by Educational and Developmental psychologist Kimberley O’Brien and the Quirky Kid team, the BoF program draws on decades of clinical and school-based experience and research, to help students overcome common social and emotional issues.
Conducted weekly in 10 sessions (1 hr) at the program content is aligned to the Australian Curriculum and focus on:
- Self-awareness and self-management
- Social awareness and social management
- Make and maintain positive friendships
- Develop empathy and communication skills
- Recognise, express and manage their own emotions
- Negotiate and resolve conflict
- Work independently and more cooperatively
- Increase resilience and be assertive
- Share ideas, appreciate diverse perspectives and
- Develop teamwork and leadership skills