The Best of Friends® (BoF) program gives children the knowledge, skills, and confidence to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, show empathy for others, develop and maintain friendships and make good decisions. The program includes a concise and engaging set of materials to facilitate Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) for children aged 7 to 11 years.
Conducted weekly in 10 sessions (1 hr) at the program content is aligned to the Australian Curriculum and features:
- Self-awareness and self-management
- Social awareness and social management
Developed by Educational and Developmental psychologist Dr. Kimberley O’Brien and the Quirky Kid team, the BoF program draws on decades of clinical and school-based experience and research, to help students overcome common social and emotional issues. Participants will learn how to:
- Make and maintain positive friendships
- Develop empathy and communication skills
- Recognise, express and manage their own emotions
- Negotiate and resolve conflict
- Work independently and more cooperatively
- Increase resilience and be assertive
Term 4 Program Details:
The programs will be running weekly for 10 weeks until 16 of December. Please review the bookings details below:
- 10 sessions (one hour each) for a maximum of 4 participants.
- 2 x 30 minutes parent consultations (phone) before and after the program
- An award-winning workbook featuring interactive activities, facts, fieldwork and stories.
- Weekly email updates with key program content and suggestions for home and school.
|Group||Start Date||Start Time|
|7-8 Years||21 April, 2018||10:15 – 11:15am|
|9-11 years||21 April, 2018||9:00 – 10:00am|
Group programs are held at Leap for Kids, 86 Lynch St, Hawthorn VIC 3122.
The early bird registration is $740 per child ( This is only $74 per session). The normal price is $930. You will be invited to select the age group during the registration process. Hurry! There are limited places available for this program.Book Now
- If you are not sure if your child is suitable for this workshop, please contact us before booking.
- For more information visit the workshop pages and the help centre.
- By registering, you accept the term and condition.