The Best of Friends® (BoF) program gives children the knowledge, skills, and confidence to understand and manage their emotions, set and achieve positive goals, show empathy for others, develop and maintain friendships and make good decisions. The program includes a concise and engaging set of materials to facilitate Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) for children aged 7 to 11 years.
Workshops are conducted weekly in 10 sessions (1 hour each). The program content is aligned with the Australian Curriculum and features:
- Self-awareness and self-management
- Social awareness and social management
Developed by educational and developmental psychologist Dr Kimberley O’Brien and the Quirky Kid team, the BoF program draws on decades of clinical and school-based experience and research to help students overcome common social and emotional issues. Participants will learn how to:
- Make and maintain positive friendships
- Develop empathy and communication skills
- Recognise, express and manage their own emotions
- Negotiate and resolve conflict
- Work independently and more cooperatively
- Increase resilience and be assertive
- Share ideas appreciate diverse perspectives, and
- Develop teamwork and leadership skills
SEL for better student outcomes
Research suggests that Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) opportunities significantly increase student outcomes – academically and socially – at school and in later life. The Best of Friends® program aims to increase social and emotional well-being at home and school. The program provides literature, theory, and practice for young people to better understand themselves and others.
Term 1, 2021 Program Details
The program will run weekly, for 10 weeks. Please review the booking details below.
- 10 sessions (one hour each) for a maximum of 4 participants.
- 2 x 30 minutes parent consultations (by phone) before and after the program.
- An award-winning workbook featuring interactive activities, facts, fieldwork, and stories.
- Weekly email updates with key program content and suggestions for home and school.
|Group||Start Date||Start Time||Places left|
|7 to 8 years||Tuesday 2nd February 2021||4pm-5pm||1 spots left!|
|9 to 12 years||Thursday 4th February 2021||5 pm – 6pm||4 spots left!|
If your child has a pre-existing diagnosis you will need to complete a pre-screening session at an additional cost. Please call to make an appointment.
The registration is $930 per child. You will be invited to select the age group during the registration process.
Book now Group programs are held at Quirky Kid Clinic Woollahra NSW 2025.
- If you are unsure if your child is suitable for this workshop please read our helpful article.
- If your child has a pre-existing diagnosis you will need to complete a pre-screening session at an additional cost. How do to know if your child is a good fit for the workshops?
- Review more information about our Workshops and Programs online.
- By registering, you accept the terms and conditions that include non-refundable conditions.