The Best of Friends® (BoF) social and emotional program gives children the knowledge, skills, and confidence to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, show empathy for others, develop and maintain friendships and make good decisions. This social and emotional program includes a concise and engaging set of materials to facilitate Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) for children aged 7 to 11 years.
Conducted weekly in 10 sessions (1 hr) the program content is aligned to the Australian Curriculum and features:
- Self-awareness and self-management
- Social awareness and social management
Social and Emotional Program – Australian Made
Developed by Educational and Developmental psychologist Dr. Kimberley O’Brien and the Quirky Kid team, the BoF program draws on decades of clinical and school-based experience and research, to help students overcome common social and emotional issues. Participants will learn how to:
- Make and maintain positive friendships
- Develop empathy and communication skills
- Recognise, express and manage their own emotions
- Negotiate and resolve conflict
- Work independently and more cooperatively
- Increase resilience and be assertive
- Share ideas appreciate diverse perspectives and
- Develop teamwork and leadership skills
SEL for better student outcomes:
Research suggests Social and Emotional programs significantly increase student outcomes, academically and socially at school and in later life. The Best of Friends® program aims to increase social and emotional well-being at home and school. The program provides both literature, theory, and practice for young people to better understand themselves and others.
Term 1 Program Details:
The social and emotional programs will be running weekly, for 10 weeks. Please review the bookings details below:
- 10 sessions (one hour each) for a maximum of 6 participants.
- 2 x 30 minutes parent consultations (phone) before and after the program.
- An award-winning workbook featuring interactive activities, facts, fieldwork, and stories.
- Weekly email updates with key program content and suggestions for home and school.
7 to 8 years
|Wednesday 1 May 2019
Continues for 10 weeks
|4:00 pm to 5:00 pm||2 spots left!|
|9 to 11 years||Tuesday 30 April 2019
Continues for 10 weeks
|5:00 pm to 6:00 pm||SOLD OUT!|
Group programs are held at Quirky Kid Clinic Woollahra NSW 2025.
The registration is $930 per child. You will be invited to select the age group during the registration process.Register Now