The Best of Friends® (BoF) program gives children the knowledge, skills, and confidence to understand and manage their emotions, set and achieve positive goals, show empathy for others, develop and maintain friendships and make good decisions. The program includes a concise and engaging set of materials to facilitate Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) for children aged 7 to 11 years.
Workshops are conducted weekly in 10 sessions (1 hour each). The program content is aligned with the Australian Curriculum and features:
- Self-awareness and self-management
- Social awareness and social management
Developed by educational and developmental psychologist Dr Kimberley O’Brien and the Quirky Kid team, the BoF program draws on decades of clinical and school-based experience and research to help students overcome common social and emotional issues. Participants will learn how to:
- Make and maintain positive friendships
- Develop empathy and communication skills
- Recognise, express and manage their own emotions
- Negotiate and resolve conflict
- Work independently and more cooperatively
- Increase resilience and be assertive
- Share ideas appreciate diverse perspectives, and
- Develop teamwork and leadership skills
SEL for better student outcomes
Research suggests that Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) opportunities significantly increase student outcomes – academically and socially – at school and in later life. The Best of Friends® program aims to increase social and emotional well-being at home and school. The program provides literature, theory, and practice for young people to better understand themselves and others.
Term 3 Program Details
The program will run weekly, for 10 weeks. Please review the booking details below.
- 10 sessions (one hour each) for a maximum of 4 participants.
- 2 x 30 minutes parent consultations (by phone) before and after the program.
- An award-winning workbook featuring interactive activities, facts, fieldwork, and stories.
- Weekly email updates with key program content and suggestions for home and school.
|Group||Start Date||Start Time||Places Left|
|7 to 8 years||Tuesday 23rd July 2019||5:00pm to 6:00pm||4 spots left!|
|9 to 11 years||TBC||TBC||TBC|
Group programs are held at Quirky Kid’s Austinmer Clinic: Unit 105, 62 Moore Street, Austinmer NSW
The registration cost is $930 per child ( This is only $93 per session). You will be invited to select the age group during the registration process. Hurry! There are limited places available!Book Now